Any black two tone trucks out there?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
My truck is all white. I hate all white. Working for the government for 25 years has made me really hate the color white. Looking at getting it painted soon and I don't want a complete color change because I don't want to disassemble everything to do it right. I'm ok with the interior as most of the white is covered with door panels, dash pad and such.
Black as a secondary color would look good I think. I just can't seem to find anything with that color scheme.

legopnuematic

Licensed Junk Dealer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Truck Year
1971, 1̶9̶7̶4, 1976, 1979,1̶9̶8̶5, 2002
Truck Model
Dart Swinger, Sierra 10, C10 Cheyenne, C10 Big Ten, Silverado 10, Ram 2500
Engine Size
225/6, 350 c.i., 350 c.i., 5.9l Cummins
This 80 I pulled parts off of years ago-

Midnight black, frost white, with mystic interior. Silverado, big ten, would have been quite the truck when new.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
This 80 I pulled parts off of years ago-

Midnight black, frost white, with mystic interior. Silverado, big ten, would have been quite the truck when new.
You must be registered for see images attach
Wow, very similar to my truck. 1980 K25 Sierra Classic(same as silverado trim) with Midnight black metallic and Mystic silver metallic two-tone. The Mystic interior in mine is White plastics with gray carpet/dash/seat

You can see a decent pic of what remains of the paint scheme on mine in my profile pic.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
While I’m generally pretty horny for 2 tone with white stripes squarebodys, I can’t get on black and white 2 tone. Trucks or boats. They either look like a skunk or a killer whale.
I hear ya about colors. Drove school bus yellow company trucks for 25 years. Has soured me on anything yellow when it comes to vehicles or toys.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1986, 1977
Truck Model
K20, C10
Engine Size
454, 350
I “think” your truck is nice enough that a half assed 2 tone (where the jambs dash firewall etc don’t match ) would be a mistake. Not many color combos on squares that look “right” if not factory style options.
Again JMO.
If you want to change the primary color then need to go all in. Otherwise make something work with the primary color you have.
Options. Some cool 70s-80s custom decals. Check out the myriad of red/yellow/orange retro looking Toyota truck decal kits out there. That kind of look.
Or pick a secondary color that compliments the white and do the roof/bottom or the center stripe. Red, light blue, maybe a butternut yellow come to mind.
Also you are in Yuma. Black sheetmetal seems anti productive. Unless it’s just garaged all the time and only driven after dark and in January!
Just some thoughts.

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
My truck is all white. I hate all white. Working for the government for 25 years has made me really hate the color white. Looking at getting it painted soon and I don't want a complete color change because I don't want to disassemble everything to do it right. I'm ok with the interior as most of the white is covered with door panels, dash pad and such.
Black as a secondary color would look good I think. I just can't seem to find anything with that color scheme.
You could have it wrapped. It's all the rage now a day. :p

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
What color is the interior upholstery?

I would think that would matter for your exterior color choice.

MFHR

Reaction score
First Name
jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size

Attachments

• 20230228_171047.jpg
    20230228_171047.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 17

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Russo