A public service announcement from me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Please take the $25 and invest in these for each of your cars

"Invest in what, Jay?"

A fire extinguisher.

A good rechargeable fire extinguisher is about $20 or so at any home improvement store. Make sure it will extinguish gasoline and electrical fires.

I've seen too many BBQd trucks over the years. Granted it is not always easy to get to an extinguisher if it's in the behind the seat, but if you can, mount it where you can access it easily.

Come up with a unique way to take it out for shows or paint it to match the car.

I have them in both dailies and will have one in any truck I own.

Keep it real, keep it hard but keep it from becoming an unwanted BBQ.

You must be registered for see images attach

You know, there was no reason for this...Unless they were driving it and panicked.

Savage

1 post per year
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
CUCV M1008
Engine Size
6.2L/Th400/NP208
Those are some scary photos.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Yes Sir we just covered this important issue right before you joined, a Blazer ignited and he got it out with a garden hose and then another member elaborated with a story about his truck catching on fire almost catching his house on fire. I also contributed with a story about a woman who burned to death in an upside down Ford ranger in front of my uncle a few years ago. I keep one in the kitchen as well as all vehicles drive.

I have to ask about those pictures, why are the seats still intact? But most important... why is the fire extinguisher in plain view still in its holder?

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Around here the idiots will steal your ride, joyride for a while, rag it out then burn it. I assume that's what happened to this one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello